In-State Residents: Pistol and Revolver licenses are only issued to Non-Residents by the New Hampshire State Police. Please contact your local policing agency for a Resident Pistol/Revolver License. The Application for a Resident Pistol/Revolver License may be downloaded. 

Out-of-State Residents: Please download the Application for Non-Resident Pistol/Revolver License; fill in the necessary information according to the instructions and mail it to: 

Department of Safety 

Division of State Police

Permits and Licensing Unit

33 Hazen Drive

***UPDATE 10/25/16*** Please be advised that due to the New Hampshire Supreme Court opinion Bach v. New Hampshire Department of Safety, ___ N.H. ___ (No. 2014-0721, decided June 2, 2016), Out-of-State Residents applying for a Non-Resident Pistol/Revolver License are NOT required to supply the Resident State License Number on Form DSSP 260 and are NOT required to supply either a copy of a valid concealed carry license issued by the state, county, or town in which they reside OR a letter from their local police department, as described in Saf-C 2102.03(c) and on the reverse of Form DSSP 260.

New Hampshire Pistol/Revolver Rules and RSAs:

  • RSA 159 (includes self-defense weapons and martial arts weapons)

  • New Hampshire Code of Administrative Rules Saf-C 2100